July 29, 2007

Inside the Hospital

Life and Death hangs in the balance. You get a lot of questions. Your mind is overwhelmed with sadness, cause no matter what, you realize that we are mortals and the people we love and care for will not remain with us forever.
For a certain period of time I never got such thoughts as my life was drowned in all the comforts of life. What happens here at the hospital is just amazing and I felt what we do everyday is nothing compared to what happens here. I wondered if I was spending time, precious time in the best way possible...
I still have doubts about God, but for an instance I felt the Doctor who had carried out an operation was God. This perception may not seem real but the emotions that were running high with in the family members of the patient made it look that way. I then felt, really felt, what it means to be a doctor and what it is to save a life. The Doctor was so humble, and totally composed though only he knew the grievous situation. Its incredible how they are able to work so hard with a smile.
We humans are blessed with intelligence and it is special cause our intelligence comes with emotions. I wonder what the world would have been if we didn't have emotions. I guess we wouldn't have lasted long on this planet!
To me it was one special day, to be looking at all those people at work in the hospital. Many of the doctors, nurse and attenders who work here face difficult situations everyday and their work is daunting. Yet, they treat the patients with care, affection no matter what!
I had a chance to be a doctor, but those days when I was in my teens I was always looking at those easy go lucky software engineers, which is what I am today. Though I am doing fine, I would really say, I would have been better off as a Doctor... but now its just one of those things that I wanted to be, I can't be... Life goes on...

No comments: